Senior Manager - Investment Projects Developement
5 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT - GRADE 18- (Total Cost to Company)
The incumbent shall champion the identification, cultivation and packaging of strategic investment projects in the province. This role entails developing of a pipeline of investments, deal origination, technical evaluations and assessment, financial viability evaluation and funding mechanisms options analysis, project design and facilitating project approval, funding mobilisation, project commissioning and implementation as well as monitoring. The incumbent shall be expected to spearhead innovation in project design, implementation model and funding structuring in a manner that leverages the public and private sector as well as the donor community. The incumbent shall be responsible for developing and maintaining an up-to date pipeline of strategic investment projects for the Eastern Cape Province and development of professionally published investment ready project profiles for promotion of the same locally and globally; as well as monitoring and reporting. Furthermore, the role will entail working with provincial, national and global players in profiling and attracting investment to the Eastern Cape as well as providing support for the initiatives relating to the Eastern Cape Provincial Investment Council.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Key Performance Areas will encompass:
Strategic Planning and Governance
• Provide input to the organisational strategy, as well as reviewing organisational activities and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
• Develop unit operational plans and align all activities undertaken in the unit to ensure delivery of corporate objectives.
• Enhance and implement treasury regulation systems, processes, procedures, tools, and control systems.
• Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are prepared accurately, maintained, and submitted timeously to all stakeholders.
• Implement controls within the section which minimize potential risk to stakeholders.
• Manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
• Participate in management forums within ECDC, contributing expertise to enable sound decision making.
• Facilitate departmental communication through appropriate structures and systems.
• Develop and manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Investment Projects Development
• Develop and maintain an up-to date pipeline of strategic investment projects for the Eastern Cape province
• Develop professionally published investment ready projects profiles for promotion locally and globally
• Drive project design, implementation and funding structuring in a manner that leverages the public and private sector as well as the donor community.
• Promote the Eastern Cape as an attractive investment destination and provide support to new investment initiatives.
• Provide advice to investors on investment opportunities in the province as well as facilitate investment.
• Develop proposals on innovative strategies for investment attraction and retention.
• Mobilization of funding for packaged investment projects.
• Organise and undertake foreign investment missions.
• Facilitate advertisement of investment opportunities in media platforms trade publications and journals.
• Participate and represent the ECDC in key industry events.
• Facilitate collaboration on provincial investment and branding initiatives.
• Host foreign and local incoming investors.
• Conduct workshops on Ease of Doing Business in the EC.
• Facilitate partnerships between established and emerging investors.
• Implement authority approval, funding mobilisation, project commissioning and implementation monitoring for various investment projects.
• Identify investment opportunities and develop a business case
• Conduct research to formulate sound value propositions and inform decision making.
• Conduct research & package information for investors
• Provide input on National and Provincial policies and legislation
• Lobby for policies conducive to investment promotion and economic development
• Present research outputs of various platforms / forums.
• Facilitate technical evaluations and assessment, financial viability evaluation and funding mechanisms options analysis for investment projects.
Provincial Investment Council Coordination
• Provide support to initiatives for the Eastern Cape Provincial Investment Council
• Write and distribute project reports.
• Initiate publication of success stories.
• Initiate publication of project specific brochures.
• Financial management of identified initiatives
• Conduct stakeholder mapping and relationship building sessions for purposes of establishing expectations and feedback on ECDC performance.
• Liaise and build partnerships with business chambers, IDZ's, DTIC and other relevant stakeholders to facilitate investment promotion
• Build and lead an effective team that works collaboratively with others toward achieving organisational goals.
• Provide advice and support to the CEO, Board and Senior Management team in relation to stakeholder engagement issues and activities.
• Arrange, attend, and contribute to meetings with key stakeholders and manage expectations
Budget Management of Unit
• Manage, control the capital and operational budget of the Unit to ensure effective and efficient functioning within budgetary constraints of ECDC.
• Evaluate the unit’s performance against the approved budget and addressing deviations/variances.
• Monitor, recommend and implement corrective measures to rectify deviations/acts contrary to budgetary provisions, financial regulations, audit requirements and departmental procedures.
• Authorise requisitions, payments, etc. regarding expenditure as delegated.
• Prepare and present reports detailing the status of expenditure and availability of funds for current and short-term interventions.
• Prepare budget transfer requests and submit for approval.
• Sound planning and forecasting of capital expenditure within area of responsibility.
• Assign responsibilities and ensure effective task authorisation protocols are in place.
• Implement staff development and training to achieve overall organisational objectives.
• Develop and implement succession plans.
• Adhere to employment equity and recruitment policies.
• Manage the performance of direct and indirect reports in accordance with the ECDC performance management policy and procedure.
• Identify training and development needs, implementing plans to address requirements, as appropriate.
• Manage discipline and absenteeism in accordance with organizational codes and procedures.
• Motivate staff through the implementation of various reward mechanisms.
• Gauge the performance of various teams and recommend areas that need improvement and changes to achieve the expected targets.
• Identify and facilitate staff development and training interventions to achieve overall organisational objectives.
• A post graduate degree in Commerce or related field of study.
• A minimum of 8 years working experience of which 5 years should be at middle management or senior consultant level within project appraisal and deal structuring, investments project preparation, or investment management, or investment project development.
This is a fixed term contract position, and the successful candidate will be subjected to signing of a performance contract and verification of qualification. If you have not been contacted within 8 weeks after the closing date of the advertisement, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
In making these appointments, ECDC reserves the right to apply the principles enshrined in the Employment Equity Act, its policies and plans.
Please send your detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications to:
Tel. (043) 704 5783
Closing date: 26 September 2023
About the Company
ECDC‘s mandate is to plan, finance, co-ordinate, market, promote and implement development of the Province and its people in the fields of industry, commerce, agriculture, transport and finance.
In pursuit of its mandate, the ECDC has the following strategic thrusts to align to the MTSF, NDP2030 and the Provincial Development Plan, guided by these Strategic Themes: (1) Economic transformation, inclusive growth and competitiveness (2) Customer focused solutions (3) Operational efficiency and financial sustainability (4) Pioneering innovation in the key growth sectors, (5) Attracting and retaining the best talent in the sector.