Senior Manager - Enterprise Finance
5 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT - Grade 19– Total Cost to Company
The incumbent shall be responsible for leading, managing and co-ordinating the provision of enterprise finance services in the ECDC, constituting long and short-term loans, risk capital, micro lending, and third-party funding to promote access to finance by businesses, with a view to advancing the growth and development priorities of the Eastern Cape province. The role is also responsible for the design of responsive enterprise finance products and provision of related support services. Functions relating to the enterprise finance role entail the design and management of processes and systems relating to loan applications, processing, approvals, feedback management, pay-outs, collections, monitoring and reporting. Functions relating to support services entail the design and formulation of governance and administrative systems required for the effective rendering of enterprise finance services. In addition, the role shall be responsible for overseeing client contracting and management of securities relating to approved loans. The Senior Manager shall be expected to manage the performance of the loans book, particularly matters relating to collection and impairment rates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Key Performance Areas will encompass:
Strategic Planning and Governance
• Provide input to the organisational strategy, as well as reviewing organisational activities and recommend corrective actions if necessary.
• Develop unit operational plans and align all activities undertaken in the unit to ensure delivery of corporate objectives.
• Enhance and implement treasury regulation systems, processes, procedures, tools, and control systems.
• Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are prepared accurately, maintained, and submitted timeously to all stakeholders.
• Implement controls within the section which minimize potential risk to stakeholders.
• Manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
• Participate in management forums within ECDC, contributing expertise to enable sound decision making.
• Facilitate departmental communication through appropriate structures and systems.
• Develop and manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Provision of management and oversight of funding solutions.
• Design and package relevant funding solutions to address the financial needs of businesses/SMMEs including the short and long-term loan products, risk capital, micro-lending, partnerships and resource mobilisation.
• Design and manage processes and systems relating to loan applications, processing, approvals, feedback management, pay-outs, collections, monitoring and reporting.
• Monitor the implementation of the loan security regime.
• Manage and oversee the provision of funding solutions to improve the sustainability of businesses.
• Develop and oversee systems for loan collection management.
• Develop a loan security regime and due diligence framework for all products.
• Oversee client contracting and management of securities relating to approved loans.
• Develop loan monitoring framework and its implementation and ensure safeguarding of all security documents for the portfolio.
• Manage the performance of the loans book, particularly matters relating to collection and impairment rates
• Plan and develop measures required to support the roll-out of enterprise finance aligned to operational plans and the ECDC strategy.
Development of policies, procedures, and systems for all funding products
• Develop funding frameworks for the funding solutions and ensure compliance with the relevant legislation for all enterprise finance products.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures for all products
• Design and formulate governance and administrative systems required for the effective rendering of enterprise finance services.
• Oversee the productivity activities of businesses which includes conducting feasibility studies, listing targeted markets, and setting business goals.
Portfolio Management and Aftercare
• Oversee the loan portfolio monitoring and aftercare services on all approved financial products.
• Oversee the provision of pre-investment business needs analysis, identify key support interventions and ensure implementation of those interventions post-investment by the ECDC.
• Oversee the management of workouts / restructuring of funded businesses and monitor follow-up and recovery of funds disbursed.
• Establish partnerships with institutions to increase access to financial services for enterprises and for the roll out of the enterprise finance programmes.
• Oversee credit control, collections, and portfolio performance to ensure that financial services are provided and managed to optimise entrepreneurship and sustainable livelihoods.
• Ensure provision of monthly reports and facilitate corrective measures if required.
Budget Management of Unit
• Manage, control the capital and operational budget of the Unit to ensure effective and efficient functioning within budgetary constraints of ECDC.
• Evaluate the unit’s performance against the approved budget and addressing deviations/variances.
• Monitor, recommend and implement corrective measures to rectify deviations/acts contrary to budgetary provisions, financial regulations, audit requirements and departmental procedures.
• Authorise requisitions, payments, etc. regarding expenditure as delegated.
• Prepare and present reports detailing the status of expenditure and availability of funds for current and short-term interventions.
• Prepare budget transfer requests and submit for approval.
• Sound planning and forecasting of capital expenditure within area of responsibility.
• Assign responsibilities and ensure effective task authorisation protocols are in place.
• Implement staff development and training to achieve overall organisational objectives.
• Develop and implement succession plans.
• Adhere to employment equity and recruitment policies.
• Manage the performance of direct and indirect reports in accordance with the ECDC performance management policy and procedure.
• Identify training and development needs, implementing plans to address requirements, as appropriate.
• Manage discipline and absenteeism in accordance with organizational codes and procedures.
• Motivate staff through the implementation of various reward mechanisms."
Customer and Stakeholder Management
• Conduct stakeholder mapping and relationship building sessions for purposes of establishing expectations and feedback on ECDC regional performance.
• Build and lead an effective team that works collaboratively with others toward achieving organisational goals.
• Gauge the performance of various teams and recommend areas that need improvement and changes to achieve the expected targets.
• Identify and facilitate staff development and training interventions to achieve overall organisational objectives.
• Provide exemplary advice and support to the CEO, Board and Senior Management team in relation to stakeholder engagement issues and activities.
• Arrange, attend, and contribute to meetings with key stakeholders and manage expectations.
• Post Graduate Degree in Commerce (Business Management / Economics/ Finance /etc.) or Development or Entrepreneurship studies.
• Minimum of 10 years working experience of which 5 years should be at an enterprise finance, SMME support or economic development environment at a middle management or senior consultancy level.
This is a fixed term contract position, and the successful candidate will be subjected to signing of a performance contract and verification of qualification. If you have not been contacted within 8 weeks after the closing date of the advertisement, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
In making these appointments, ECDC reserves the right to apply the principles enshrined in the Employment Equity Act, its policies and plans.
Please send your detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications to
The Human Recourses Department
Tel: (043) 704 5620
Closing date: 3 April 2023
About the Company
ECDC‘s mandate is to plan, finance, co-ordinate, market, promote and implement development of the Province and its people in the fields of industry, commerce, agriculture, transport and finance.
In pursuit of its mandate, the ECDC has the following strategic thrusts to align to the MTSF, NDP2030 and the Provincial Development Plan, guided by these Strategic Themes: (1) Economic transformation, inclusive growth and competitiveness (2) Customer focused solutions (3) Operational efficiency and financial sustainability (4) Pioneering innovation in the key growth sectors, (5) Attracting and retaining the best talent in the sector.