Overseeing and administering a diverse and substantial portfolio...
If you are a small, medium, micro enterprise or a labour intensive company in search of suitable industrial and commercial premises, look no further. ECDC's Property Management Unit offers your small to medium enterprise suitable premises at affordable rates through its diverse and substantial property portfolio. Over the years, the unit has provided business premises to the general public, business people and government departments who want to initiate projects. The unit has also been instrumental in providing warehousing and manufacturing space to small
Offering you quality services...
Overseeing some 2 000 properties which include over 120 factories, the unit aims to use this infrastructure to:
1. Facilitate commercial and industrial activity;
2. Assist new investors who may be looking for suitable premises; and
3. Facilitate SMME development, particularly in underdeveloped areas.
The substantial property portfolio makes ECDC one of the biggest property owners in the province with residential, manufacturing and warehousing space in:
- Dimbaza and Fort Jackson;
- Mthatha; and
ECDC is currently offloading its residential property portfolio and qualifying individuals may apply as per ECDC's Asset Conversion Policy.
In addition, ECDC also has a range of industrial and commercial properties in rural towns that are situated in the former Transkei and Ciskei.
Our cost structure...
ECDC's industrial property rates currently range from R3.50 to R15.00 per square metre for factory space, depending on the features of the property, and from R15.00 to R70.00 for commercial premises.
Three easy steps to occupying your new premises...
- Once ECDC has identified a suitable site for your business, you will have to confirm your interest in the site in writing with the corporation;
- Within a week of receiving the confirmation, a lease agreement will be drawn up. You will sign the agreement and pay the initial costs
which include the following:
- Admin and legal fee of R400;
- One month's rental in advance; and
- A key deposit equal to one month's rental.
- You will be able to occupy the premises after ECDC has prepared the building according to the agreement.
For more information contact:
Tel: 043 704 5603